Love it or loath it the bleached out brows look set to stay.
Makeup artists have been bleaching out the brows of models and celebrities for years now. This is one of my favorite images of Kylie from and Early POP cover
but it’s only in the past few seasons that the ‘Albino’ brow look has gone main stream.
The fact is some girls just look cooler when they have no brows. For me Lara stone is the ultimate brow less beauty , I love her in this CK add.
I overheard a model telling her friend backstage that her agency had asked her to blach up her brows for the shows as it made her more editorial which made me think about how peroxide brows change your look. Taking away the brows opens up the entire face, eyes aren’t framed by the brows structure so the sockets look deeper and more contoured. Team this look with a beautifully beiged out skin and and Sepia contours and you have this seasons new nude face., It used to be that this look was seen at shows like Gareth Pugh and McQueen where the girls had an alien like beauty.
A few seasons ago Pat McGrath took over as key artist at Balenciaga where she changed their minimally made up girl, bleached out the brows and added a slash of warrior white paint and the look has caught on.,
Here are my tips for bleaching and re-colouring brows.
1. Patch test your skin first just like the salon!
2. Use a face friendly bleach, Jolen is great but may take a few applications to lighten up.
3. Protect the naked skin around the brows with some Vaseline.
4. Yellow brows are not a good look. A Violet toner will keep your brows looking clean.
5. I use lash tint to add colour back to the brow. I have a grey, black and a brown which I mix up. I prefer a cool toned brow so the grey is really useful. Leave on for intervals of 20-30 seconds, wipe away and check the colour. Reapply until you have your shade.
6. MAC have some genius brow sets in different shades which add instant colour. The Mink shade is perfect for blondes through to brunette.
I have a few friends male and female who’ve experimented with the look with varying degrees of success!!